13262538

My husband and I have been separated for 9 months and he has

My husband and I have been separated for 9 months and he has said he is taking legal advice to finalize the separation
We have been married 15 years and both been married before with Children from previous relationships ( all now independent).
We lived in a rented property and the only thing we owned ( which is in my name) is a car
He used to give me £160 per week towards the upkeep of the house, the month outgoing where around £1100 per month before food, fuel etc.
I have had some money left me ( that he did not now about) and I used this to pay of the outstanding debt on the car and when he left he I gave him £3000.00 and told him to take what ever he wanted from the house
He is now saying he wants more, which I do not have ( I do have a small amount of savings which he doe not know about) and because I earn a higher wage than him he says I owe him because he has supported me although I have always work apart from the 1st 4 months or so when we first met
Can you please give me some idea of what he thinks he is entitled to ?
What income do you each have?
How much did you inherit and what savings do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I currently earn £40,000.00 and he earns around £20,000

I inherited £20,000.00 and I have £4,000.00 left

We have been bankrupt too

How much is the house worth and what is he actually asking for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we do not own a house, we lost everything when we went bankrupt in 2008

we rented and I still live in the rented house, He says he should get something off me because he supported me throughout our marriage but I worked all the time too. We had our own business that I put £20,000 ( another inheritance) into and he never put anything into

Are you intending to issue divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

You have no cause for concern - there is little chance of the court ordering you to make any further payments to your ex - and within the divorce proceedings you can ask the court to make an order dismissing all further claims you each have against the other
I hope that thi sis of assisatnce - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your advice, I taken a copy of all your comments and will use these very wisely

Very much appreciated

Allison

You are most welcome - he is merely trying to bully you!