Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Good Evening. I moved into my Husbands home of 5 years and

Customer Question

Good Evening. I moved into my Husband's home of 5 years and I wish to separate. We have a child who is nearly 5. Where do I stand?
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question. First I need to ask whether your question is focussed on arrangements in respect of your child, or the finances?

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wish to take my child temporarily until we can reach a decision between ourselves as to how we can fairly divide our time and care. Finances, this is a mortgaged property in his name only and I have been asking and asking to be put on the mortgage but because I do not have an official job, Halifax the mortgage company will not allow me to be added unless I can show an income.

In respect of your child:
- will you be able to move into somewhere with your child that is suitable for you and him (her?) to live temporarily?
- how have you shared the care of your child up to now, in a typical week?
- how many days are you each at work?

In respect of the finances:
- how much is the house worth (and what is the mortgage)?
- what other assets are there?
- what do you each earn?

Regards,
Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have our child between us living in the marital home and also my son who is nearly sixteen from my first marriage. I am in a very precarious position as I have no finances and I would have to move out and rent somewhere as I have no other living family.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am waiting for your reply please.

Thank you for your message, but if I am to be able to give you some meaningful and detailed advice, I would be grateful if you could let me have the answers to my questions above. If you would like me to rephrase the questions, I would be happy to do so.

Mac.