13262538

i am due to attend a first child contact hearing , i have been

Customer Question

i am due to attend a first child contact hearing , i have been charged with assaulting my wife, this is included in cafcass to report to court also in the report my wife said that i have never harmed the child.
will the judge allow me to see my child despite of this pending criminal prosecution?
Thank you for your question
What does the conclusion of that short report say about contact?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they report says all contact in the interim between the child and her father should be as advised and arranged by the local Authority who should file section 7 report and address long term contact arrangement .

police will not be able to disclose records due to criminal trial pending.

i am not yet convicted the hearing is next week im innocent until proven guilty

Have Social Services already been involved with the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they are involved in the report they have said they assessed me as being a risk to my wife and our child.

social service will need to carry out a assessment on me before contact can begin.

That assessment from Social Services is indeed a major problem HOWEVER the fact that your ex herself says that you are not a risk to the child COULD mean that contact could start at a Contact Centre sooner rather than later and this is what you should ask for
Otherwise I am afraid that the best you will get is that Social Services are ordered to facilitate sone contact as part of their Report -
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok in the report my wife have said i don't harm the child but at hearing if she decided to change her mind and say i harmed the child. can she do that?

what kind of contact will the Social Services facilitate

She may well do so but it will not make a great deal of difference
Social Services will start with supervised contact