13262538

The judge and court agreed a settlement amount on a jointly

Customer Question

The judge and court agreed a settlement amount on a jointly owned marital home and a flat which is jointly owend/ The property price on the flat has gone up and i want to apply for an increase in settlement how do i do that

This is a divorce case and here are the details:

The flat that my ex has to buy me out on was valued 2 years ago at £325/350k now its valued at £400k how can I apply for an increase in settlement, I want to go to court myself and represent myself.

What forms do I have to fill in to represent myself.

How do I go about doing that as I have no legal expertise at all.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Why has there been such a long delay in his payment to you?
Was this an order that you both agreed to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi this this divorce proceeding which the judge ordered the sale of the marital home, its taken long as the house went under offer then the sale didnt take place. Ie my buyer pulled out and I had to put the house back on the market. Because of the recession when the property went onto the market the sale didnt take place as there wasn't much interest in the property however now there is much more interest my house is under offer

Yes we both agreed to it at court

I am afraid that there are only very limited grounds on which a Consent Order can be varied
Case law has made it clear that a rise in the price of the property is NOT one of those reasons.
Had the delay been caused by obstruction on the part of your ex there MIGHT have been a possible option but as things stand I am sorry but it is simply not possible
Please ask if you need further details
Clar