Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have a 1 year old daughter, I am not married to her father,

Customer Question

I have a 1 year old daughter, I am not married to her father, he refused to be present when I registered her birth and still refuses to be named on her birth certificate although he accepts he is her father.Is there anyway I can add his name as her father dispite his refusal?
May I ask why you wish to do this - bearing in mind that you can still claim maintenance via the CSA without it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, I just really want my daughter to have both parents named, i feel its her right to know who her father is and that side of her family .Already her father has lost interest in her and i know soon he will stop seeing her altogether. I can not understand why he wouldn't add his name giving i can claim from the CSA without it which ive already told him, i have no interest in his money.

Is he likely to insist on a DNA test if you apply to the CSA (this could save you money)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, im not wanting to apply to the CSA , but yes he would just to be difficult