13262538

Ive been disputing paternity for a number of years. The mother

Customer Question

I've been disputing paternity for a number of years. The mother has refused many requests of mine for the childs DNA. I want to obtain a sample via court order. What form do I have to fill out? Which court do I have to send it to? How much will it cost?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
You need to apply to the local Family court )Magistrates or County) for a defined contact order.
This is done using a Form C100 available here
http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/CourtForms/C100.pdf
The fee is £215
At the first hearing you ask the court to order a DNA test prior to the issue of contact being resolved
You will need to confirm that you are willing to pay the costs of using a Government approved laboratory listed here
https://www.gov.uk/dna-testing-parentage-disagreements
You and the mother and the child will all have to have photographic id at the time that the samples are taken
You can pay extra to have them taken by a tester provided by the laboratory to avoid any risk of tampering
I hope that this is of assistance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why do I have to go through this costly procedure to obtain a sample? All I'm interetsed in is a Declaration of parentage through a court directed DNA test.

That is exactly what the above process will achieve