13262538

I have a 5 year old son with ex boyfriend I want to marry my

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old son with ex boyfriend I want to marry my Greek boyfriend and move to Greece were he has house and bussniess my mum dad & brother are moving there to could ex boyfriend stop me going I all so think I'm pregnant and would like to have the baby in Greece
Is your ex named on the Birth Certificate and what contact does he have with the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is and he has my son every other weekend

What contact will you offer if you do to Greece?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would offer contact thay have a long school summer holiday so he can have him then there is easter & Christmas I would make sure I come over to england for that so his dad dont miss out on seeing him over Christmas and my ex can fly over to greece any time he wants to see my son my mum & dad said they dont mind in between flying my son over to see his dad
Will you be able to afford to finance these trips?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would pay to bring my son over to his dads but if my ex wants to come over for a holiday to see my son he can pay for that im not paying for his holidays my ex has lots of money & rich mum & dad so he will have money to fly over when he wants for holiday im willing to pay other times

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would pay for my son to come to england my mum & dad would bring him over to I would make sure im over England for Christmas so his dad dont miss out but if his dad comes over to greece for a holiday and see his son I will not pay for that he has a lot of money and will take holidays to greece

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I will pay for my son to come over to England to see his dad I would make sure I fly home at Christmas so he don't miss out on spending time with his dad over Christmas my mum would bring him over in school holiday if I couldn't and if my ex wants to come to Greece for a holiday to see my son then he can pay for that I'm not paying for him to have a holiday in Greece but he has a lot of money so would not be a problem for him to fly over have a holiday and see his son but I will pay all the other times
My apologies for the delay
I am afraid that you can only take the child to Greece with the agreement of your ex or an Order from the Court
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If that does not help then you will have to apply to the court for Leave to Remove the child
You will need to provide a complete dossier covering where you will live where the child will go to school, how the language issue will be dealt with and what support you will have there (clearly good!) and also how you will maintain contact with his father - Skype trips etc
It will then be for the court to decide if it is in the best interests of the child to move
More details here
http://www.leavetoremove.co.uk/site/how-to-prepare-your-case
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok I will do that if I go to court do you think I stand a good chance of being able to move to Greece with my son or do you think the court may give my ex full custardy of our son
I would say that there is at the very least a reasonable chance of success - sadly no promises can be made.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My ex has gone mad at me today saying he will never allow my son to live in Greece he said he would win in court if I want to f of to Greece then I leave my son here with him and f of there my son loves Greece my boyfriend has to fly back now for his bussniess but me & my son are going for two weeks at Easter to stay at his farm I think my son would have a great life there because my boyfreind has a nice big house with a lot of land lots of animals a restaurant apartments and much more the schools are very good to I have been with my boyfreind for nearly 2 years and we so want to get married in April but I feel I'm going to lose which will mean I have to finish with my boyfreind because he can't live in England
then you need to make the application and give it your best shot - do not assume you will lose - believe in what Greece can offer