13262538

hi my divorce cam thought last year in august last year in

Customer Question

hi my divorce came thought last year in august last year in april last year i got a letter from my ex partners solicitor say we would pay ower own divorce frees and in july i went to court about paying court cost and it was awarder that i did not have to pay any now today i have had a letter from my ex wifes solicitor saying i have got to pay half her solicitors free and half the courts cost can they do that

When the Decree Nisi was granted was the issue of the DIVORCE costs (not any arguments over the finances) dealt with - there would have been a separate notice about them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would that of been from the court

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On that letter is says that I pay the costs unless I disagree so I went to court about paying the costs and the judge put it in my favor no costs to me

After that hearing did you get another piece of paper (with the Decree Nisi) saying that there was No Order For Costs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did from the judge

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry still waiting for your answer

My apologies for the delay
In that case write a polite letter to her solicitor - send a copy of the Order and suggest that they are mistaken!
If this is in fact linked to a different matter then they have to say so - but I suspect they just did not realise that you have been sensible enough to challenge it!
Please ask if you need further details