Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Me and my partner have separated and have a 8week old daughter

Customer Question

Me and my partner have separated and have a 8week old daughter I have offered him contact three days a week for 3 and half hours each time two while half five, as my ex works nights. He is wanting an over night stay, but I am not willing for this to happen as she is too little. He lives with his mum dad and younger brother in a two bedroom house, has no essentials for the baby. Bed feeding equipment etc. he onced lived on his own and grow cannabis, he works self employed and doesn't pay any taxes and hasn't offered maintenance.

I have a older daughter from a previous relationship and although I am on maternity leave have a routine for my kids then when the eldest has finished school we go home have tea and bath time is at six. I don't want my childrens routine being disrupted. And also want to have time with both my children on a weekend together.

My ex is threatening to take me to court for the over night stay. Can you please advise if he will be granted this.??