Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My brother has a 18 month baby and his girlfriend ended their

Customer Question

My brother has a 18 month baby and his girlfriend ended their relationship in November. From November to January 12th she allowed my brother to see his son, let him stay with him overnight for two nights a week. On January 12th 2014 there was a disagreement about finances which resulted with my brother's ex girlfriends mother turning up at mine and my husband's home, threatening, being abusive and aggressive all in front of our two children who are 11 and 7. Followed by my brother's ex ringing our landline and leaving a vulgar message. From then on my brother was stopped seeing his son for 5 weeks and then she agreed access but only on the condition her Dad supervised contact and he was only allowed to see him for four hours. She has been very spiteful and nasty using her son. On Thursday my brother had his first hearing, at court and we are very disappointed with the barrister who represented us. We were told by our lawyers that my brother's ex has behaved appalling and it would be brought to the judges attention and constantly told us we had a good case. The judge that took the hearing on Thursday, wasn't the judge who was scheduled to listen, the judge was changed the day before. The judge didn't seem to have any knowledge of the background to the case. Consequently the only thing the Judge mentioned was an issue concerning facebook. I am disabled and my brother's ex had said in previous correspondence that she was not prepared to let her son be looked after by me or my mother because it was putting him in a potentially dangerous situation, even though I am the Mother of two boys. In addition we had been looking after my nephew for 10 months every week from 10am - 6pm & my disability was never a concern to her then. I wrote a posting on facebook re how upset I was that my disability was being used to get at me. I did not mention her name, or was abusive or made threats. It was purely me voicing how I felt. Yet her legal team have told my brother he has to sign a consent order saying that no facebook remarks will be made......my brother isn't on facebook and is it allowed for them to make such demands when I haven't written anything untoward? Yet what her and her mother have done to me has not been brought up!!! All this time my brother's ex has not been prepared to attend mediation but on Thursday she said she would and wanted to resolve things. However she was him to sign to say he agrees to seeing his son for only 8 hours a week when previously he was seeing him for 50 hours. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the plan is for my brother to start with 8 hours and then in May he can have his son to stay overnight and then in July it will be put to her if she will allow more time.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me but please could you close my question and be given a refund.

Mrs Natalie XXXXX