Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Consent Order URgent Please

Customer Question

Need help with unfair Consent Order.My Absolute was pronounced in September and I have agreed with my ex husband to pay him £25,000 lump sum in exchange for a transfer of equity so that the FMH reverts to my sole ownership. I can comfortably afford the mortgage and have everything in place. He has insisted that his solicitor draws up the consent order which I received on Friday via email. The consent order includes a paragraph indicating that if he has not received the money by 05.05.14, interest will be added at the rate of 8%, also, if he has not had his money by 01.08.14, the house would be sold and his lump sum and the interest would be paid to him. The only reason for any delay would be down to his or his solicitors inaction (they have had since 14.02.14 to sent consent order to me and I got it on 21.03.14). It seems to me that he has a vested interest in dragging this out as long as possible as he will get more money out of me. I really can't afford a solicitor. The consent order as it stands offers me no protection as there are no penalties if he drags his feet. Any advice would be most welcome.