Hi again Clare, yesterday was the conclusion of the matter of my ex husband trying to remove my son from this country and take him to China, basically a consent order was agreed mutually and presented to the court yesterday that we both signed and agreed with. My son is to continue living in britain with me. What has transpired today already is that my son has communications with his step mother who is trying to arange through him a time and place to meet. she has told him to meet his nan at a train station which is a considerable distance from our home, it is in fact near his grandmothers house. When he messaged back and said that she should call me to arrange she has message back saying she wants nothing to do with me. Now in the court order yesterday is states The Court Orders: b ii. For staying conact when the applicant father or other members of the patenal family are in the UK with the father to inform the mother no less than 7 days prior to requested contact if possible.
would i be within my rights to point this out to their solicitor and insist that arrangements are made through me and not through instance messages with my son? thank you
yes , my son is relieved that he will not be leaving the country. Am i right in thinking that these communications are breaking the court order? I have sent copies of them to their solicitor and reiterated that I am going to stick to the consent order and am in no way with holding my son from being with his father.
WOW, did not realise that. I have however given permission for my son to have contact with all his paternal family though through the court order. thankn you for being so patient with all these queries it has been somewhat of a never ending story. My ex mother in law contacted me this morning to try and make the arrangement on my son's behalf and i stuck to my guns and said that my son's father must contact me to arrange this as agreed in the court order (which he instigated and insisted on). I am going to send my son to see them next weekend (in Britain) because firstly i want my son to have a relationship with his family and secondly i intend to stick to the court order. If he did decide to not return him what would be the consequences? The court order from Thursday also stated that my son should live with me in Britain.
Many thanks for all you support with this matter Clare.
Hi again, as you know i was successful in keeping my son in the UK with me after the court agreement. It now transpires that my ex husband has not kept to several of the agreements made in the court. He has now defaulted on his maintenance payments which were part of the agreement. should i take this back to the court and let them deal with it as over the last few months it has been one things after another that he has not kept to, many thanks.