13262538

I am being forced by the csa to sell my house

How much are the arrears and how did they arise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The arrears are £8,629.50 and when we split i gave her £20,000 as a settlement and then she went to the csa and also stopped me seeing my boys so i wouldn't pay because she wouldn't let me see them

Do you now understand that maintenance and contact are not linked?
What proposal di you make for payment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im self employed but have 3 prolapsed discs at the base of my spine so im on the sick at the moment and only receive £71.70 a week so i offered £5 a week until im back on my feet

What equity do you have in the property and what other assets are there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

equity is around £30,000 and there isnt any other assets but i don't want to sell my house thats why i offered to make some sort of payment until im back on my febet then i'll be able to pay more

How much did you earn last year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i earned £8,400 last year

How many years to the arrears date back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure around 8 years but haven't always earned £8,400 a year it was much less around 6,000 a year

Who else lives in the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nobody just me

When is the Court hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i haven't got a date yet just a letter saying to pay or they'll force the sale

Have you actually made any payments to the CSA?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no cause i gave the ex £20,000 and then she stabbed me in the back and went to them and she also has played games with the kids for 9 years now so i won't pay for kids when i don't see them why should i give her more money when she won't even let me see my boys she won't even let me drop a birthday card off cause every time i try i have the police at my door the next day so why should i

I am sorry - whilst I understand how you feel the two matters are not linked and your deliberate refusal to pay the CSA over the years means that unless you are now able to raise the funds it is likely that the Court will Order the sale of the property
Sadly they will say that you could have gone to court to deal with the contact issue - and indeed with regard to the £20,000 and that this was no excuse not to pay maintenance
HOWEVER the actual arrears are relatively small and if you came up with a plan which would see them cleared within two years then the court MAY be willing to consider that instead
Sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years