13262538

Hi Im a 65 year old female and divorced 10 years agoafter

Hi I'm a 65 year old female and divorced 10 years agoafter 33 years of marriage. An I entitled to any of my ex husband''s pension?
What financial agreement was made at the time of the divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was no agreement whatsoever. He left, we stayed separated for two years and then he filed for divorce. No solicitors involved, I didn't contest it. Finances weren't discussed. When the house was sold I got more than half to purchase another. I took all the furniture and that was it.

Have you remarried at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I have remained on my own. My ex had met someone else when he left and remains with her to this day, though he hasn't re-married.

Barbara.

Is this a private pension and is it currently in payment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it is his state pension. He was self employed the whole of our marriage and still is, though he is in the process of retiring. He is just 65 years oldand has recently started drawing on his pension.

Barbara.

For clarity - he has no private pensions at all - the only pension he will receive is the standard state pension which you are also entitled to claim?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

As far as I know, it is his state pension only.

Barbara

What State Pension are you receiving?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I receive £515 monthly and I also get £11.41p per week pension credit.

Regards.

I am sorry bit if your ex is only receiving the State Pension in the same way that you are then there is no claim that you can make since he will be receiving only a little more than you
You should check that you are receiving the fill pension that you are entitled to as you can claim FROM THE STATE in respect of the years that you were married
Had your ex been receiving a PRIVATE pension then you would have been able to make a claim
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advice.

Barbara.