Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

How can I get my ex partner to sign over all rights to our

Customer Question

How can I get my ex partner to sign over all rights to our son, as he is never supporting him. I don't get no money to support his child, also he comes and goes in my sons life when he wants. My son is 9 months old and so far I've only received 2 payments to get milk, nappies ect, but nothing since. My ex has a past of drug use, and this has only ended the past month from what I can gather. I want sole custody and to be able to change my sons surname, what could I do, as I know going through court will be very expensive and time consuming. Could I get a solicitor to send him a letter to leaving me alone and stop harassing me?
What contact does he actually have with the child and why have you not applied to the CSA for maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He comes and goes when he pleases. He see his son when it suits his daily schedule. Only see's him for an hour or 2 because he starts to moan at me and all I answer to him is "your here for your son not to talk to me". Probs 3 times a week he comes to see his son, but then he plays it as though he wants to see his so everyday, but then when I ask him to come he tells me a time and then turns up 2-3 hours later without even a thought to what I have to give up in my time. Or when it comes to the afternoon around 3-4 o clock he asks if it's ok for him to come up when I know it will take over an hour before he turns up, which then it's too late as I'm settling my son by having a bath and then his last bottle. He doesn't know his routine or what he likes or does. Every time I have told him that I will apply for CSA he turns round and says that he will quit his job so he wouldn't be paying anything, as he doesn't want me having money, which I have stated it isn't for me but for his son.
Does all contact take place in your home?
Is there anywhere else where you would be willing for it to happen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I try going out, but because it's a small town their isn't really a place to be able to take our son so he isn't in my household.
I would be willing to take him somewhere that doesn't involved my ex partner to be in my house, also I would prefer supervised visits.
Are there any family members who can help?
Is there a father and baby group at your local Children's Centre?