13262538

my wife left me over 2 years ago. we have sold our house &

my wife left me over 2 years ago. we have sold our house & the proceeds shared equally.but she owes me some money which i had in writing from her. now she has said that she is not paying me back because she could of claimed spousal maintenance. please could you give some advice how move forward.
What money does she owe you and how far have divorce proceedings reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she owes me £6800. we have not started any divorce proceedings.

What was the money for and why was it not dealt with when the property was sold?
How long did you live together and are there any children involved/
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she said she would pay me back from her half of the proceedings which i agreed with. but now has gone back on her word.but i have it in writing from her.the money was a loan after she had left me for her debts.we lived together for 24 years but the children have grown up and gone.my income is around 30k.her income is around 11k.

When are you planning to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i've not thought about divorse proceedings at the moment.also may i add. i've never had a penny from her in over 2 years.i've paid the mortgage & endowment policy plans up until the sale of the property.

Does she have a new partner?
Do you have a private pension?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she lives in a house with a fellow. wether there having a relationship i don't know.i have a pension but i don't pay anything into it. all i have is my protect rights which i won't get till i retire & i don't know how much it is worth.

Were you paying into the pension while you were married?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i paid into my pension for the first 10 years of our married life but nothing for the last 16 years.

If you have her written agreement to pay the debt then you can sue your wife using Money Claim online https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
HOWEVER if you do she is likely to respond with a Divorce petition and an application for financial relief which could include a Pension Sharing Order and a possible lump sum claim which would exceed the amount that she currently owes
Please ask if you need further details