13262538

I want to appeal care orders for my children?

Customer Question

Hi Asma
It is too late to appeal the Care Orders especially as you consented to their being made and the outcome of the Serious Review makes it unlikely in the extreme that any application would be successful
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare The SCR had been ordered by Walsall Council into their handling of the way my family were treated by social services and the circumstances leading up to and including my children being taken into longterm care by the Authority.
Review now been concluded and recently been published.
Many points indentifjed for Walsall children's services to act upon was that I and my children were not properly supported by Walsall children's services in the months and years prior to the events which led to the children being taken into care.
I have said clearly throughout this matter, I have been unfairly criticised by WMBC and seen as problematic for asking support from WMBC over the years.
The six month period during which children services were futilely looking for adoptive parents my two youngest is now elapsed.
I understood that the end of the six month period would be an opportunity for me to appeal for the discharge of care orders on those two children.
My circumstances have now materially have now changed I no longer live or married to an abusive partner. I am in new relationship with a loving supportive man.

Would any of the material from ScR on my children's case be of assistance against the council?
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare waiting for you reply
Asma
The Serious case review is damning of you
You do NOT wish to refer to it in any case you build in the future
It is too soon for you to make an application at this stage until you can clearly show that you understand how your actions placed your children at risk.
There is considerably more involved than leaving your husband
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare I have been criticized being intelligent, demanding and articulate dominating put responsibilities on professionals ex husband and children instead of parenting my children. I was just making complaints and relying on professionals. Put all pressure on ex. Which I feel is so unfair the comments said about me.
I am being blamed in all this.
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does damning mean guilt and error from my side?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, Apart from leaving ex husband, what else we spoke about the freedom programme they don't do any local groups.
I have undertook parenting courses.
Stay calm and change attitude for not always complaining
What else would you advise?
Doing more courses on Autism maybe?
Asma
Yes I am afraid that damning means that there was considerable responsibility on your part
You were judged to have been manipulative and incapable of putting the needs of your children first and The various Professionals involved have been criticised for allowing themselves to be trapped into following your agenda rather than considering the needs of the children - of seeking to off lead responsibility rather than seeking support
I would suggest some counselling as a priority
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, I wil go Gp if they can refer me to any free councilling. Myself and all my children have been through all this trauma we ended up seperated from each other. Now my family has been broken down. My error was that I required support I asked support for my children individual needs I did not ask support for myself. I was always open and honest with the professional but caused more problematic outcome for my children.
The director of children services apologised to my children how they have failed the family and these children.
It is really sad and I am really struggling to cope. My husband is supporting me emotionally best as he can but he also feels he can't help in any other way.
I have to learn from my mistakes and decisions I made in the past for not to repeat it again.
I tried my best this is where it got me losing my six beautiful children to the LA.
I do feel like giving up. The LA have won got what they wanted is my children until they reach 18. That is the outcome
Asma
You certainly need to access some counselling - this will be an excellent first step
Looking for a job would also assist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi due to high level of stress I am facing in mt life will I be able to get a job iv not worked iv been carer for my children for 15 years I don't have much qualifications or experience? What can I do to get a chance to atleast get some work experience?
Asma
You are (so they say) very intelligent and articulate - if nothing else you could volunteer to work in a Charity Shop - or try using one of the return to work programmes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, my partner does not think I'm intelligent and articulate! Why do think he might think like that?
Asma
That is what the report states - and that is what I have observed in our exchanges!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I think he says this because I did not see how the ex husband was manipulative and clever and he thought I was stupid he can get away with abusing me and buying properties without my knowledge.
I am now getting more wiser, I think by moving to London has caused me more problems for me and my children and this current partner.
He can't move back to Bham due to his studies. Also I can't make relevant changes to my life. I would have more opportunities in Walsall than here.
But he is causing me a lot of hardship
Asma
No it is clear that you are bright and capable - so it is time to show that you can cope for yourself without any outside support -
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, but it is highly unlikely any of my children will not return to me ever then?
I have to accept this now I have no choice there is no point in trying cause more hardship for me and my new partner!
I have given up now by trying will not get my children back anymore.
Asma
Hi Asma
Do please get some counselling to help you with all this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, why have they kept my family anonymous and not disclosed who actually inflicted the injures to my son?
Asma
Because your children are entitled not to have their details given to the world
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare And what about the real truth who inflicted the injury to my son. They have always undermined and victimised me the whole LA have. By putting all the blame on me and them not accepting responsibility by service providers, brushed me under the carpet made me look like the perpetrator which In fact it was ex husband and LA caused all this harm to my six beautiful children and me by separating them from me
Asma
The Review was not to determine who caused the injury - but rather how the children were failed because the situation was allowed to go on for so long - an dI am afraid the way you dealt with the matter was a big part of that and until you can show that you understand that then there is little chance of the children being returned to your care
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare I do understand everything but as I said before being honest with them and asked for help for my children's needs and stayed with an abusive partner had caused my children to be in care. My son suffererd we are all suffering now.
Asma
when you seek counselling take a copy of the review with you - it is something that you need to work through with someone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, its says that in the papers '''mother no longer lives in Walsall and all the children are in care''
This sounds like that I have ran away from my children left my children to them!
Asma
Two things.
This report is not about you - it is about how the agencies dealt with the matter
The second thing is that that is an accurate statement
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I have a appointment with GP today request for councilling referral. I feel really sad and defenceless now.
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, tommorow is my two children looked after review is there anything for me to add? Can you please give me some advise on this? I am really upset and struggling if I don't go It will go against me.
Asma
It is unlikely to effect matters either way at this stage
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, My Gp will refer to me for councilling.
I am getting doubts about my new partner. He doesn't seem to talk about the children.
I am now losing confidence in him. I am not sure wether I should tell the children about him.
He feels I think pressure when I talk to him about the children whats happened.
I feel I can't talk to him now he is making feel isolated!
Asma
Then you need to consider whether he is the right person for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, he feels that I don't trust him enough to take on myself and children. He can't seem to help me and make me feel at peace.
He says he can't tolerate if anybody says unhappy things about his character his got perception of that he is good man and trying his upmost to give me and the children a good happy future.
His main stress is his status in this country he is still on student visa.
He needs me to get him a status here first.
Asma
Then that is not about caring for you
Maybe it is time you find out who YOU are and what YOu need
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I want to build a good relationship with my children. Be a mother to them when I see them at contact. Show them that I am happy that they are settling in well in placements doing well in school.
I want to show them that I am there for them as much as I can.
To prove to the LA and my children I am in a happy and stable relationship.
It will take long long time.
It's better if I talk to partner less about the situation its better for me.
I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow and Wednesday my older two children LAC review.
It's going to be really upsetting for me. It's a real shame that my partner can't of the meeting for moral support . It way too soon!!!
As we say
Asma
Stay strong - and get some Counselling!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare the LA are looking at family finding for all the six children. They want all the children to remain in care until they reach 18. They are not considering at all any of the children to be rehabilitated to either parents. I understand their reasons why it's too soon.
They are not giving me the reasons why and what changes I have to make!
It is so difficult for me. My two children refused to write even a simple card to me, the two children said they would then yesterday they changed their minds.
The LA have now all the powers we can't do anything just to accept that my children will never come back to me until they reach adulthood.
Asma
Social Services are acting correctly in trying to bring the children back together
They no longer have to tell you what you can do to change things.
Working out what you need to do is part of what you need to do to show that you have changed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, bring the children back together! What is it you mean by this?
I need to work out what I need to change?
It will take time the longer they are in care it will be difficult to get them back. I have lost all hope and confidence I can make the changes or I have and more need to be done but they won't support this however much change I make!
I do think I should step back and leave the children because by applying its not going help me its going to cause more hardship for me.
The LA will not ever want to work with me anymore!
Asma
I mean that it will good for the siblings to be living together if possible.
The Local Authority no longer have to work with you I am afraid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare it's going be hard to find a family that would take on these children. We spoke about this time and time again is there no way that I will have a chance to be considered in the future for atleast one or two children to be returned. I feel the questions I'm asking you your always refering back to the LA correctness what can I do now to make things better for myself to have a good chance?
Asma
I suspect that you are right, but that does not mean that Social Service should not try and find such a family
There is always a possibility that you can apply for the return of one or more of the children if you can show that you have changed your life and outlook completely
Your starting point is Counselling to help you understand how you reached the position that you are in and to reflect on what happened.
Once you have completed that the way forward may be clearer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare can I challenge contents written on ScR review.
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, the LA are not replying to the my previous solicitors emails it has been over two months. My solicitor has written to them more than twice.
What would be the next stage?
Asma
About what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, What the position is for my two children care plan?
Also what else other things like parenting courses or any other changes I need to make to enable to prove my parenting?
Those are the question they raised?
Asma
They only have to answer the first part not the second.
Other than writing again there is nothing else that can be done