Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my ex wife has applied to court to take my 11 year old son

Customer Question

my ex wife has applied to court to take my 11 year old son to live in france.
My divorce was finalised in the middle of jan 14 and i have paid my ex wife 20k in maintenace up front as part of the deal as she claimed she could not afford to settle with me. So now i am 20k down and i have paid 14k out on my divorce solicitor and within 3 weeks of the divorce being complete she has now made the application to the Ipswich court to take him out of the country full time.
I live 40 mins away from my son at the moment and i have him just under 50% of the time. I have a happy home with my partner and her 4 children and our routine has worked well for everyone.
What can i do now, i have no more money to fight with - so i was thinking all i have left is to represent myself and hire a barister for court.
Why does she wish to move - and does your son wish to go?