How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34589
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my daughter who is 14 is going to live with her granparents

Resolved Question:

my daughter who is 14 is going to live with her granparents in spain. I was married to her mother when she was born and my name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate which I have. do they need my permission for her to start her education in spain as Iam very concerned with the situation as I don't speak Spanish thankyouw adam
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you actually agree to the move and does your daughter wish to go?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She wants to go with the grandparents but I'm concerned as they havnt asked me if she can go and also do they need my permission for her to start her education. I don't know if the school is good for her education.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Your ex does indeed your permission - or a court order - if the child is moving to Spain Permanently
You are entitled to full details of where she will live and go to school
You can apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the move until this has been resolved - but if your daughter wishes to go it is likely that the court will give permission
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you