Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My 10 yr old daughter has been referred to a psychologist for

Customer Question

My 10 yr old daughter has been referred to a psychologist for the second time without my knowledge or input. Having received the psychologist's info and written to her suggesting a meeting to discuss the progress and the reasons for her referral I am told by the psychologist that she has no intention in arranging a meeting to discuss our daughter's welfare. How do I stand legally with regard to this issue.....this is the second time my ex wife has done this secretively in the last 6 years. Our daughter's doctors have acknowledged that they made a diagnosis without some extremely pertinent information.
I do have full parental responsibility for our daughter.
What is the reason for the referral/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am advised that the referral was because my daughter has worries and concerns mainly caused by my ex wife not allowing her to have any contact with her brothers aunties and grandmother on my side of the family over the last 6 years except when she is with me (her father) however the mother did not advise the doctor initially and then the psychologist of the real reasons.....the referral was in October last year and I found out about it In the last 3 weeks. I have made contact with the psychologist via email requesting a meeting so that she has all the information so that my daughter can be diagnosed based on fact and information from school etc......but as stated the psychologist and the Social Services have confirmed that I will not be consulted on any matter concerning my daughter. Why not?? I have full parental responsibility.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I responded some time ago but no response from yourself as yet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.I have not received an answer.....therefore please refund my money. It is currently 02.47 in the morning in the UK. I will be contacting the Credit Card company to cancel the payment later in the morning.