Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My partner , who recently divorced is the registered keeper

Customer Question

My partner , who recently divorced is the registered keeper of the former family car , and although the finance is in her ex husband's name , she is paying for the finance herself each month. My question is , does he have any legal right to reposess the vehicle. she has made no claim for maintenance for their 10 year old daughter whatsoever , nor has she made any financial claim on the former marital home .
When was the Decree Absolute and how far have the financial negotiations reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare thankyou for answering my query,

the decree absolute was issued on the 11th march this year, the financial side of things are that my partner has made no claim whatsoever for maintenance from her ex husband or any claim on the family home . the car was originally bought for my partner as a birthday present two years ago this octobe,. however since their separation my partner has made all the finance repayments on the vehicle, they separated on may 6th last year. The vehicle is regisered in her name with the dvla, but the finance agreement is in her ex husbands name, as it was intended as a birthday gift.

regards, Simon.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
how much is the car worth?