13262538

my husband divorced me . The house is in joint names . Does

my husband divorced me . The house is in joint names . Does this mean i have no matrimonial rights over our home ?
When was the Decree Absolute?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What makes you think you no longer have any rights?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Clare for writing back . The house is wort 440 pounds . Still has 70 thousand pounds mortgage left . Mortgage is in both names . Divorce is from august 2013 . I think I have no rights because we are divorced now .
Who is living in the property and have you discussed how the finances will be dealt with
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Me and my 3 children live in the house . He pays the mortgage . I'm worried because he is planning to re marry shortly . I don't want to lose our home should anything happen to him . Or his new partner has rights to it ? What will happen to my kids . Just feeling very insecure . He won't discuss the property with me .
Please do not worry
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have any assets I'm in a low paid job and rely on family credit to top up my salary . I just wanted reassurance that I still have rights to our home because I worry about my future and the children . I don't want to be in a situation where the kids and I are left with nothing . Do I still have rights ? Can he sell without my permission if we are divorced ?
You do still have rights on the house - you are a Joint Owner and your ex certainly cannot sell the house without your knowledge and agreement
However it is important that you do try and resolve the Financial matters - including any pensions that he has as soon as possible
Please ask if you need further details