13262538

I moved out of our home 11 months ago, carried on paying the

I moved out of our home 11 months ago, carried on paying the bills except food, and am now considering starting a divorce. Is my income for the last 11 months community property? My wife says it is. I don't know.

The income you have received in the last year and any savings you have accumulated will indeed form part of the assets for consideration by the Family Court.
Whether they will order you to share them with your ex will depend on the exact circumstances of your case
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Clare. We have a mortgage free house and reasonable savings all set aside when I moved out. Our children are adult. My wife insists on full disclosure and the only asset she doesn't know about is what I have earned and saved since moving out. She works but earns less than me. Will I have to share this too? Finally, we are both over 60 and I would like to retire rerier

You will certainly have to declare it
Whether you will have to share it depends on the extent of the other assets and the Reasonable needs that you each have