13262538

My husband has told me we if we get divorced then we need to

My husband has told me we if we get divorced then we need to sell the house because he put £100 000 trust into the property when we bought it. This trust has to be repaid, how do I go about finding out if this is the case. I also understand that he is on the paperwork as owning 12% of his parents chateau in France. How do I find out about this? He is not willing to divulge this information to me. I am feeling like I am being bullied into selling the family home. At what point do I see a solicitor?
Thank you for your question and for asking for me
You do not need to agree to the sale of the house - and all the financial information will come out within the Financial side of Divorce proceedings
Start the divorce and offer to discuss matters using FamilY mediation (for which Legal Aid is still available)
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

My husband moved in with his parents a few weeks back after the drugs incident. Now that I have said I want a divorce he wants to move back in. How do I stop this from happening? It's really upsetting for the children and myself. I have emailed a company regarding mediation but am yet to receive an appointment.

Remind me - has there been any violence/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No , just drug abuse on his behalf

I am afraid that he is entitled to return to the Matrimonial Home whenever he wishes - unless he is violent on which case you can get an Order excluding him.
However you should try and get him to discuss matters with you using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)