13262538

Have just been told by my childs mother I carnt see my son

Customer Question

Have just been told by my child's mother I carnt see my son again, I've been seeing him regularly now for 5 years but have recently met a new partner. Because I introduced my son to my new girlfriend on Saturday , his mother now says I carnt see him .
I would love a simple answer to where I stand please
How old is your son and how long have you been with your new partner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He is 6, been seeing her for 5 months now
Did you discuss introducing your new partner with your ex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I did not.
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
It would have been wiser to discuss introducing your new partner with your ex before it happened - but that is the past and does not mean that there should be no further contact
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationehlpline.co.uk) but if that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Defined Contact Order
You can read more about this here
https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Unless there is something specific about your new partner that poses a risk to a child then there is no reason why she should not be part of the Contact
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was never married to the mother so can we still have mediation .
Yes Mediation is still appropriate the fact that you were not married is not relevant