cmd2008
cmd2008, Solicitor
Experience:  BSC (hons), Solicitor with 14 years legal experience
13754130

my ex husband left 7 years ago, and has not contributed to

Customer Question

my ex husband left 7 years ago, and has not contributed to the house in any way, mortgage ,child maintenance or bills . the mortgage is still in joint names but now the children are growing up.
how can i get him off the mortgage so i can move on
Expert:  cmd2008 replied 3 years ago.

cmd2008 :

Hello. If you are still in touch with him, then you can ask the lender to agree to the property and mortgage being transferred to you and he can transfer the property. If you are not, you can still have it transferred by obtaining consent from the lender and you can obtain a court order whereby the transfer document is signed and the property can be transferred to you. Your first step is to discuss with the lender. I hope that helps.