13262538

My brothers ex has stopped him seeing his 2 children as she

My brothers ex has stopped him seeing his 2 children as she thinks he needs anger management, he's never been abusive or violent she says he shouted at the girl to tell her off once and this is why he's not allowed them he has had her for a few weeks then she suddenly stopped him and never let the 5 month old stay because she's too young! What is the best thing for him to do next as he has asked her and wrote her a letter asking but she still refuses
Thank you for your question
How old is the eldest child. how long have the parents been separated and what contact was he having before it was stopped?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The eldest is 16 months they split about 3 weeks ago he had the eldest over night for the first 2 weeks and the 5 month old he had for just a day on the 2nd week then this week she has stopped it all saying I want u to have anger management before u see them unless u see them in a contact centre, she is saying that in the past when they were together he shouted but has now decided he's not fit to see them
Have there been any problems with arguments in the past?
has he accepted the offer of contact at a Contact Centre?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No she said to him in a text a few days ago that she previously had words with him not to shout and now she's not happy for him to have them, he said he will see them in a contact centre if that's what he has to do but he doesn't think he should have to unless he has been told by a judge or something she has no proof of him being violent, abusive or angry and he has never been in trouble with the law
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
Since any contact is better than none your brother should accept what he has been offered but at the same time discuss matters with his ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If that is not successful then he may need to apply to the court for a defined contact order - which will be enforceable
He can read more on these sites
https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details