13262538

My ex husband has just reduced my child maintenance for the

My ex husband has just reduced my child maintenance for the 2nd time since we were divorced. This now leaves me with not enough money to pay my bills and I am worried this could lead to me losing my home(I have an interest only mortgage) I have a son aged 9 his father has remarried and they both he and his wife work they also receive tax relief and child maintenance for her daughter. Where can I get help and advice I work part-time and receive working tax credit Thank you for any advice you can give

Karen
Does he make payments under the terms of a Court Order or via the CSA?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare
When we first divorced payment was set by court order.
Now by CSA who telephoned last year saying that they could override the court and then reduced the payment They have again telephoned last week informing me they were going to reduce it again, I had a letter yesterday telling me that his payment was going to be reduced by£90 per month
Because my ex has decided he wants Josh to stay more with him ie every other weekend (when it suits him) as well as part of the school holidays the CSA have now decided he could reduce payment to cover the time Josh is with him. This will then make more than difficult for me to keep a comfortable home for Joshua and to be able make his life continue with after school activity and all the other extras he requires shoes Joshua is not keen on staying with his father over night. Karen
Have you actually checked that the figures the CSA are using are correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare
No when the CAS contact me the attitude is this is their decision and make me feel there is nothing I can do about it. I just do not know what to do next with this drop in maintenance It means I do not have enough money to cover our bills and everyday needs
I am so worried of getting into debt and losing our home
Karen
How many night a month does your son spend with his father?
Do you know if your ex has had a salary increase at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare
Joshua spends 4 nights per month with his father and 2 weeks of his school holidays. I do not know my ex. income but I do know they. have recently spent a lot of money refurb their house new kitchen etc plus they both have cars, the latest mobile phones and iPads.

Karen
How much was your ex earning at the time of the divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I do not know the answer to your question. I only know it was agreed with the court that I would receive £300 per month. When CSA got involved they reduced it £260 per month. Now they inform me as from next month i will only receive £160 per month.
Karen
Do you remember how much he was earning before you split up?
What does he do for a living?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am at work at the moment. Tonight I will search my paperwork for the answer if I still have it. A few months ago he changed jobs I have no idea what his employment is. Please can you tell me when the CSA do their figures do they include his wife's earnings?

Karen
The CSA will not take account of his wife's income - but he should be paying 15% of 85% of his net income - less a one seventh reduction
On the figure you give this means that he brings home around £1500 a month