13262538

how do i know if my ex partner has a residence order for my

how do i know if my ex partner has a residence order for my daughter please
How old is the child and are you named on the Birth Certificate?
What makes you think that she has obtained a Residence Order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare thanks for the reply my daughter is 5 years old. Yes I am named on the birth certificate as the father. The reason I thought maybe she has got a residence order is I've herd they are going on holiday. But I haven't been told they are leaving the country. I just got told that I wouldn't be able to have my daughter as they had plans on my Tuesday. So I tried to arrange another day but they are busy so I just have to miss that time.

Andrew

You would know if she had a Residence Order as you would have been part of the court process.
If you wish to prevent her from taking the child abroad you will need to apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order so that she understands that she needs to ask your permission to do so
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply so she wouldn't of got a residence order without me knowing then. What do you think I should do to get this sorted once and for all. Because I think it needs to be put on paper that we sort holidays out fairly set in stone my days and times and that birthdays and Christmas is shared like Christmas Eve to Christmas Day night then Boxing Day to following day the next year and birthdays half the time each because it's like I have no say in anything. I have to just agree with what I'm told and I think it's so unfair I'm a dad who wants to be there as much as possible and do my fair share unlike some

regards

Andrew

The starting point is to try using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.couk) and agree a Parenting Plan
if that fails then you can apply to the Courts for a defined court order
You can read more on these websites
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf