Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Common law relationship ending - I am looking for advice regarding

Customer Question

Common law relationship ending - I am looking for advice regarding property. I am the only person named on the mortgage as my partner had a history of credit issues. However, the property was bought through a shared ownership scheme and partner's name is XXXXX XXXXX agreement. Partner has contributed to household bills inc mortgage through bank transfers to my account each month. Can you please advise what rights partner may have over the property now our relationship is ending? Would partner have any financial claim on property - which I genuinely believe to currently have little or no equity and in which, I would like to remain living. No children involved.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?