13262538

My house was paid off in 1992 I was then married to my first

My house was paid off in 1992 I was then married to my first wife who died in 2002 house in both our names. I remarried in 2006 and lived in same house till present time My wife let me in July 2013 I DID not put my present wife's name onto house deeds I paid all utility (Gas electric water council tax) in my name only Since leaving she has taken all furniture and everything she brought into house including family pet dog we shared no bank accounts How do I stand in a court of law over property if we go for divorce
How much is the house worth and what other assets do either of you have - alone or with anyone else
What income do you each have?
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
House is valued at £125k
Are there any children involved?
What was her housing position before you were married and what is it now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We hav no joint savings accounts . I have appox £14000 in stocks . Her savings if any not known I am retired and receive £195 state pension and £30 private pension She is 10 yrs younger than I am works 30hrs per week £220 appox plus any overtime No children involved Was living with partner paying mortgage on house before she left him to be with me (she did not pursue any claim on that property) she is now living with daughter during week and boyfriend at weekends. I would like to add she left me 3times since July last year always retuning to boyfriend after a few weeks
How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have recently viewed a property 1 bed at £30000
Just to confirm - did you live together prior to the marriage - if so for how long?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We lived together for 18months before marriage
A ten year relationship does give your wife a clear financial claim on the matrimonial assets I am afraid
However it does not give her a claim to 50% of them - or anything close
However she has certainly got a claim for somewhere between 20% and 30% of the equity if she choses to pursue it
I hope that however disappointing this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details