13262538

My brother has passed away with a mortgage of £69,000. Can

My brother has passed away with a mortgage of £69,000. Can someone carry on with the mortgage payments? His partner of 14 years (not married and 2 children) would like to carry on with the mortgage to leave it eventually to the 2 children.

Can anyone help please?

Was the property held in his sole name or jointly with his partner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, it is held in his name solely unfortunately

Are there any other assets. or any insurances, which could pay off the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again, there is a pension of £15,000 and some machinery worth £25,000 from his business which we are trying to locate and sell. We are unsure at the moment of his mortgage insurance, we have to wait 10 days for the mortgage company to give us all info regarding this.

First I should say that I am sorry for your loss
I am afraid that the current mortgage cannot simply just continue since your brother was the sole owner
The Property will have to be held in trust for the children and it is unlikely (but not impossible) that the mortgage company will extend a mortgage to the Trustees
His partner can certainly discuss this with a mortgage broker - the other option is that an agreement is reached under which she will purchase the property from the estate
Please ask if you need further details