13262538

If I am seperated from my wife and have been for 8 years but

If I am seperated from my wife and have been for 8 years but not yet divorced and now I have a inheiritence from my mother is she entitled to anything there is no other assets ie house and no child support
Are there any children involved?
What assets and debts do you each have and how much have you inherited?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I will be receiving around 38 0000 we have no combined debts or assets and my wife lives in local authority housing and works full time earning more than myself , my youngest child is 17 and has left school and works . Don
Is your ex likely to actually want to peruse these funds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am unsure but it might be a possibility she has made no attempt over the years to divorce me and we have no assets or joint debts we are both in rented accommodation as to date she has not mentioned it but is aware I am getting something as she knows my mother died
The fact that these funds have been inherited, and inherited long after you separated SHOULD be enough to protect them
The only small concern I have is the lack of other capital and the possibility of the court making an order that you pay your ex a modest lump sum (£5,000) - however this would be a very worst case scenario and is not likely - just a risk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details