13262538

Hi clare, can I challenge some contents written on the SCR

Customer Question

Hi clare, can I challenge some contents written on the SCR?
What doe you wish to challenge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I would like to challenge the point iam being critised that the raised the family functioned by dominating and demanding mother? I don't accept I was demanding or dominating.
I used complaints and other sources and diverted my parenting responsibilities to professionals and ex husband and children.
I made sure all my children were appropriately fed,dressed, all their medical needs and educational needs were met.
Emotional needs were being met.
I was victim of domestic violence I asked for right support over the years I didn't recieve the right support from domestic violence forum to protect myself and my six children?
Asma
No I am afraid you have no right to challenge the contents of this nor those comments.
This report is about how the various agencies dealt with the matter not about you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, will this review affect future plan if I was to apply discharge orders or return of children?
Asma
It does not change the position at all
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, can you please explain me bit more clearly does not change position? What does this mean? I'm really concerned that the review will impact on any chance of successful in trying to get all or some of the children back to my care.
Asma
The fact that there was a Serious Case Review does not change anything about the position that you are in and the challenges that you face in working towards the return of one or more of the children.
In fact since it gives a very clear picture of what the problems that there were it means that you have something that you can work on with your counsellor to understand what you need to cahnge
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, can I make application to court about my two children who are still refusing to have any form of contact? I am not happy with the social workers response I think the LA and foster carers are influencing these two children not to have contact,. It is been over one year. I have written two cards to them the LA are not engaging the children?
Asma
You can make the application - but it is unlikely to be successful at this stage - you should at least wait until the next LAC review to find out what work has been done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, the sworker is recommending care plan for my two youngest children to be reverted to longterm fostering because they have not found suliatabe adopting family. It's up to the IRO wether she will say yes or no. They not telling me when this will be decided soon as plan changed I will be invited to LAC reviews. It will be a relief to know that placement orders will change back to care orders on these two children.
Asma
That is good news
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare hopefully I want need to go to the hearing for permission on the 20th May 2014 at RCJ. The IRO is not telling me when they will decide I need to know what they decide before I attend the hearing
Shall I ask the IRO when they will come to a desicion ?
Asma
You can ask but you cannot force the issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, the IRO wants both options to be open she says it will not benefit in changing care plan just to long term fostering. She is not in agreement for the two children to be reverted to longterm. She wants both options open. Can I challenge this?
Asma
You can but it will not be easy to do so
However you are certainly entitled to give your views
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, can by law the IRO right to do parallel search? Will this not affect the children? They are having sibling contact every fortnight. Will this not affect all other children?I think IRO is being very unfair and is causing more harm to my children then good.
Can I write maybe to the IRO manager to look into this?
Should the LA apply to court for this extension time limited search has elapsed?
Asma
Parallel searches are very common and are a valid option.
Given that the current plans are for adoption there is no prejudice in the current proposals
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi iv made an appeal any way see where that leads to. They think suitable adopters will come out from somewhere which I was advised by my las solicitor they will have extreme difficulities to find suitable family. IRO will not consider at all for any of my children to be returned to me whatsoever .
It is really unfair on me!
Asma
There is indeed little chance of adopters being found but that does not mean they should not try
It is too early for there to be any talk if the children returning to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi they have been trying for a year. I am still making changes I got appointment on Friday to meet outreach worker from the black sisters in south hall.
See what support they can offer
Asma
Good I hope that goes well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, I have appoinments with two family soliciotors tomorrow to look at my case. And I will explain the local authorities position. They will look at all the papers then decide wether I have a case to apply back to court.
I know it's too soon but I the LA are just fobbing me off and being unreasonable with me.
Asma
You must do what you think best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, the ScR showed how LA failed the children and they did not take matter to court earlier then these injuries to my son would have been prevented. Also they critised parents that we put wool over the LA eyes and professionals eyes that we minimised that we were coping with the needs of the children. That we didn't need help or did not safeguard or take care of children.
My solicitor have written to their legal team but they still have not responded.
Asma
Yes it certainly showed they filed the children by not taking them into care earler
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi By keeping them in care is the only answer to their failings is it? They don't care about the mother who has suffered for 17years of abuse from ex husband their answer is fo tthe children to be cared by them without thier mother. I get treated by only having 4 times a year 2hr supervised contact.
How unfair and injustice is this. Because of thier failings all the children lose thier right to be with their mother!
Asma
Hi Asma
I am afraid that whilst it is fine for you to say that to me - if you say it to anyone else it will simply be seen as showing that you still have no understanding of how you failed the children and why they cannot yet return to your care - so please be very careful who you say these things to
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I am sorry to say but this is the truth I feel I'm acknowledging the mistakes iv made changes.
Asma
I do understand that - and in the course of our exchanges I have seen it - but statement like the one above would be used against you so do please be careful
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare. Please don't take this personally but I am trying my level best to engage with the LA but the LA clearly do not want to engage with me!
That is the main issue.
Asma
I do appreciate that - but sadly they no longer have to do so to any great degree
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare if they don't want to engage with me how can I prove to them that I have made changes or get them to listen? I will have to prove it in court I think not to the LA and other professionals
Asma
You will indeed have to prove to everyone that you have changed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare how can I prove to everyone that I have changed just to be patient and wait?
Asma
Yes and by getting counselling and working through what happened
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, what worse can happen I have lost my children by the system. Why do I need counselling is it because iv lost my children and my two may be adopted? I just need to understand why do I need councilling?
I have already lost hope for my children to come back. Would councilling help me grieve for my children that they may never come back to my care in the near future?
Asma

I just need to be clear in my head why is in need of councilling?
Sorry clare I'm just being cautious iv lost everything
I was talking about Counselling to put you in a stronger place to apply for their return
However helping you come to terms with what has happened is not a bad thing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you there is no harm doing for both reasons
Asma
Exactly so!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, can I a formal complaint about the LA are not responding to the email request I have sent it has been over seven weeks?
Asma
You can make a complaint but it is unlikely to be of any assistance
Your solicitor can bring the delay to the attention of the court at the hearing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, my solicitor can't do anything to help. They going to close my case. I don't have a chance!
Asma
Well there is relatively little they can do at the moment anyway - it is you who need to go through the counselling to strengthen your case for going back in September and showing how you have changed
clare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I am slowly losing confidence with my previous solicitor. I have to demonstrate a change and insight in to the LA concerns to have reasonable chance of success on any attempt to seek the return if any of the children.
What is exactly change I have to demonstrate?
Also I have to show and understand and internalise the changes?
I am not what they mean by this?
Also it says if the placement is revoked and care orders are revived the plan does not seem to be on what I have told my solicitor to return the children to me.
The findings of the judge do mean that social services are likely to oppose return of the children even if they are not adopted.
The LA will apply back to court to revoke placement orders for the two children but they won't they want to try both.
Sworker is recommending change of care plan of longterm fostering but the IRO is not attaching sufficient weight of view of social worker I have been advised by my solicitor is to make a formal complaint if I feel IRO is treating me unfairly!
Which I have already done.
As I said LA are not even replying to my solicitors letters or emails. Since February solicitor has been chasing that up.
What else can I do it's all beyond me!!!
Asma

You need to show that you understand what you did wrong and how you need to change
The LA will not currently make any plans to return the children to your care nor do they have to
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning Clare, I do fully understand where I went wrong. I am sorry I am repeating myself what is it I need to change? I need to be specific examples what do I need to change? I have an appointment with a therapist next month for councilling .
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, Shall I change solicitors and use one in London when I apply in Septemeber?
Asma
It might be a good idea
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, I contacted the social worker she told my two youngest boys are pining to see me. They keep asking the social worker when they will next see me!

I asked wither increase contact would be considered her reply was not at this stage. Because I have to demonstrate or evidence that contact is going really well and positive for me and the children.

It is very clear that the children do miss me and want more contact.

Also I was told that I have to say to my older son I no longer live in Walsall and I live in London.

Also if my son aske if I am in new relationship I have to tell him the truth. I have not remarried but I am just getting to know each other!

My going into a new relationship may have gone against me or not I am not sure.

I am torn between my new partner and my children.

What would be your advice? Would it be wise to move back to the Midlands not near the Ex husband so I can be bit closer for the children.

Asma

So long as you are honest and open with the children where you are living is not a problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare it's just I think il have to tell my older son to start off with the rest of children still too young!
He is 16 second child she 13 due to her additional needs the 10 and 7 year old are refusing contact and the youngest two boys are still very young. It's sad really. I really want to return back to Walsall it's not safe due to Ex also new partner with his studies!!
Asma
That is a good plan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, how long shall I stay in London for? If I want to apply for any of them Il have to move back not near where the ex is! The divorce has not yet finalised because of the financial settlement has not been done. Ex husband is not coming to a reasonable resolution on the financial side.
Asma
You still have ample time to see how your life works out and make the decision later on
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I am still getting to know my new partner we not fully committed to one another. I don't feel comfortable to tell my son but the social worker is advising that if my son asks if I am in a new relationship is to tell him. But I don't want to cause any distruption for him.
Because it still all new!
I just want to explain I that I am still single not remarried but getting to know each other well enough.
Asma
Then that is what you say - that you do have a new partner but have not yet remarried
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, some of friends say I need to fight for my children of my own that I don't need a partner. They think if I am in a relationship it will be really hard to get any of them back.
Asma
That is not necessarily correct
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I wonder why they think of being in new relationship will actually cause harm then good?
Asma
You will have to ask them - if he is the right person then there is no harm
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, I think everybody's view all men are all the same. My family members and friends and the children's social worker have seen a big change in me. I am more calmer and look more confident with myself.

Yes in Uxbridge Middlesex there is hardly anything here. I do get bored but my partner does take me out to different places to visit, he shows me respect and he cares too.

I agree he is four years younger than me he will have his immature side but its not been long.

I want to focus on my wellbeing and my health and make most of contact when I have with my children make it happy and go smoothly.

I feel the social worker is more approachable and we do have a very good working relationship and positive which is good.

I want to work with her and vice versa.

I have still got long way to go

Asma

I hope that you do well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, I am grateful for your support you have been very clear with the questions I continue asked you and you have never ignored my questions and answered to my satisfaction.
I can't thank you enough and I hope I can have my children back by working with the authorities and give a fresh happy start in life for my children.
Asma
I will hold good thoughts for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, can I apply for maintenance order?
Is ex husband suppose to pay maintenance for me?
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning Clare, The question I asked can I apply for maintenance order?
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, my local MP, my previous solicitor, and myself have written letter to the LA they still have not responded to any of our letters or emails. My solicitor has chased them and also I did. But clearly the LA still not replying. Is there a reason why they are not replying to any of our letters?
Asma
Probably just incompetence
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, very true also extremely unprofessional of them. Which is a shame
Asma
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare, the social worker is saying to the children that they will be looked after by LA until 18. I said by saying this its upsetting them also its not helping that the two children who are refusing contact with me.
Social worker says and other professionals have to be sure it's safe for any of the children to comeback to my care. They are not quantifying what do they mean by Safe! Also what do I need to work on?
They still not being what is their expectations of me.
It's so frustrating for me that I don't know what I am towards if they are not telling me.
Asma
They no longer HAVE to tell you this.
Part of what you have to do is work at understanding what went wrong so that you can change
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi clare,

The change is I am in process of divorce, I am attending regular contact, I am going counselling, my children are happy at contact apart from the two I'm not having contact. What else do they see change in me. Do they want me to be single for the rest of my life? By having new partner has made it more difficult for them to think is it safe for these children?
Asma
The partner is not an issue
The Counselling will help you identify what other areas need to be addressed