13262538

Hi, I have been paying £600.00 pounds child maintenance

I have been paying £600.00 pounds child maintenance for my two children and due to a change in circumstances (Relationship break up) I will have to look to rent a flat that is a secure enviroment for me to have my children over for 2 nights a week. I may have to drop maintenance payments to £480.00 My ex wife says she will take me to court if I do as this is agreed in the divorce papers. Would she have a case?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What is your take home pay per week?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Around 570 after tax

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SORRY! £771 before tax - I believe the figure i offered her is within CSA figures

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been paying £600.00 pounds child maintenance for my two children and due to a change in circumstances (Relationship break up) I will have to look to rent a flat that is a secure enviroment for me to have my children over for 2 nights a week. I may have to drop maintenance payments to £480.00 My ex wife says she will take me to court if I do as this is agreed in the divorce papers. i take home £770 per week beforw tax.

Would she have a case?

Optional Information:
Province/Country relating to question : London UK

Already Tried:
Spoke to my ex about it. She was not to happy.

Is there a court order setting out the maintenance or was it just mentioned in the Statement of Arrangements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the statement of arrangements.

Then it is not enforceable and your ex's only option would be an application to the CMS (new CSA) since the court cannot make an order unless you are both in agreement
Even if there had been an Order after 12 months you can apply to the CMS in any event
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years