13262538

My husband an I are attending court next week as his ex wife

My husband an I are attending court next week as his ex wife wont let him have extra holidays with his boys. Please can you tell me, do the step parents go into the court room as well or is it just boys mother and father? I step parents are allowed in the court room will they be asked any questions by the judge?
Will this be the first hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes this is the first hearing, we have the boys every other weekend and some holidays, we wanted more holiday time with the boys but the boys mother has refused for no good reason, so it has come to court

Has he tried mediation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have a solicitor who has been advising us, she will not agree to mediation. My question is, do the step parents go into court or is it just the boys parents? If step parents go into court will the judge ask step parents any questions?

Neither step parent is entitled to go into the hearing room - unless both parties agree that they should.
If they do then they will not be asked questions - although many District Judges do try and be pleasant and inclusive to try and put people at ease
You may also be in a court who has an at court mediation service - so be aware of that!
Please ask if you need further details