13262538

I went through the courts and now have a contact order in place

I went through the courts and now have a contact order in place to see my 15 year old daughter who lives with her mother.

The contact states I have contact one weekend a month at my house in Telford and one day a month in Northampton where she lives.

If I am unable to see my daughter on either of these dates (due to work commitments) can I be prosecuted for breaking the contact order, her mother says I can and this is what she has threatened.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
No you cannot be prosecuted.
The only consequence if failing to see your daughter is to make it likely that if your ex or your daughter wants to stop contact in the future you would find it hard to fight the request
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details