13262538

i have been seperated from my partner for 3 yrs, we were not

Customer Question

i have been seperated from my partner for 3 yrs, we were not married, i have three children aged 9, 10, and 12, i live in a council home on my own and give my ex partner £50.00 per week maintainance money and i have the kids every weekend from friday until sunday night, i am also in fulltime employment, she has told me she wants more money or she is going to csa to report me, i cant afford to give her anymore money and im worried that she could ruin my relationship i have with my kids, i dont know what to do, can you help me or advise in what to do. thanks, Alex...........
What is your gross income from all sources?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my gross salary can vary from 20,000- 25000pa, im an electrician within the construction industry.

How much does your P60 show you earned last year?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i havent received my p60 yet, i got lots of over time with varios employers last year my last wage slip is showing £28,000

then I am afraid that you are indeed underpaying
The newest CSA rate is 19% of your GROSS income - less a two sevenths reduction to reflect the time that the children live with you
You can read more here
http://nacsa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38:cs3-calculations&catid=2:uncategorised&Itemid=535
I am sorry to give you bad news
So far as your contact is concerned the law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents so if your ex tries to interfere with this you can apply to the court for an enforceable order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details