13262538

I have an order to pay my ex-wife maintenance. There is a committal

I have an order to pay my ex-wife maintenance. There is a committal notice attached to the order and I will go to prison if not paid. I can not afford the payment and some months the amount is greater than 100% of my income. I have already tried to have the order varied but was unsuccessful. I am self employed. I have ceased trading and will be filing for bankruptcy very shortly. Do I need to apply to vary the order again or will the bankruptcy be sufficient to keep me out of prison?
How much do you have to pay and when was the Order made?
Why did your application for a downward variation fail?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, Thanks for getting back to me. I have to pay £900.00 per month, the order was made in October last year. A forensic accountant was requested and chosen by the other side who gave a figure of £13,000.00 profit I was still ordered to pay the £900.00 per month. As I say I do not understand the decision.

i am concerned that the Judge did not give reasons for this.
However I am afraid that the only way forward is for you to make a further application to vary the maintenance as the Bankruptcy will have no effect on the monthly payments or any arrears.
I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details