13262538

Hi. Im currently on maternity leave till june. I was made

Customer Question

Hi. I'm currently on maternity leave till june. I was made redundant in Dec 2013and paid the remainder of SMP in Decembers pay. I am currently receiving child tax credits, lone parent. Do I qualify for legal aid?
Legal Aid is now only available in limited Circumstances - what kind of matter would you need it for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the respondant to a court hearing for 'a residence order or contact order' and also when I go through divorce in the coming months.

has there been any documented Domestic Violence (Police involvement) within the last two years?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just on the one occasion in feb 2014 police involvement by myself and the ex was warned and cautioned I believe as the officer involved said thats what was going to happen

Legal Aid is no longer available in family matters.
However where there has been recent Domestic Violence then it can still be possible to obtain it
You need to find a Family law Specialist locally who still deals with Legal Aid
You can find one here
www.resolution .org.uk
You will also need a letter from the police confirming that he was Cautioned for Domestic Violence
You can read more here
http://www.justice.gov.uk/legal-aid-for-private-family-matters/legal-aid-divorcing-separating-abusive-partner
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details