Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have two children one 17 one 15. my husband of 40 years no

Customer Question

I have two children one 17 one 15. my husband of 40 years no longer wishes to live with us we still have a mortgage on our property due to the fact we had to extend our mortgage because of a business he started with someone which did not work out.
that business owed the inland revenue £ 6,000 which we had to borrow on our mortgage. He started again by borrowing £10,000 which is still being paid off by the new business he had to start this business as we had no other means of an income.It is a limited company and my husband and myself are directors. please can you assist me with how myself and my girls stand when he leaves and if the business is closed,or not we are yet again running at a loss. We are at the moment entitled to child tax credit and working family tax credit which, with the help of a relative keeps are heads just above water. My two daughters are the only good thing to come out of all this he also has a alcohol problem though he is in denial any advice would be appreciated.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What is the nature of the business?