Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX after many frustrating years have

Customer Question

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX after many frustrating years have moved out of my mother in laws house where we (my wife and two children) were living while trying to finalise the purchase of a property. My wife has refused to go to counselling since the issues started after our last child was born five years ago. I have tries to be patient and understanding for ages now but have had enough, so moved out. We were married in SA and moved here seven years ago. We are married out of community of property and have agreed on joint custody of the two lads who are five and six. Due to our work patterns we each look after the boys for 15 days each and have had this routine in place for several years now. What are my obligations and rightsI we were to get divorced. I am still going to buy the flat on my own and will eeffectivelybe looking aftwr my children for two weeks out of every month. Also, do I need to organise my divorce in SA or can we get divorced in the UK?
How old are the children, what assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?