13262538

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 4 month old daughter,

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 4 month old daughter, only a few hours a week if that. She won't talk to me or go to mediation (She has also been violent to me in the past & was the one who walked out of me) what access rights do I have ?
What contact have you actually had in the last four weeks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's been 2 weeks since she left, I have been allowed to see my daughter twice, for an hour each time and at her parents house. My ex girlfriend wouldn't leave me & my daughter alone and when I asked her if I could have some time with her alone, she replied "no I don't trust you or your family" - I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt my daughter, I just want to see her.
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary
Contact supervised by your ex or her parents will not be seen as sufficient - if there is real concern about your ability to cope with the child then contact should be moved to a local Contact centre or Dad and baby group
I know you have suggested mediation but you should take a step further and actually organise a session with a mediator (www.familymediationhelpline.co)
If she ignores that or it fails then you can apply to the court for a defined contact order which will be enforceable
You can read more on these websites
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/2078/CB1_1108.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If we can agree a contact plan at mediation will she be made to stick to the agreement? Also if she still doesn't let me see my daughter, can I apply for joint custody??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I replied to you about 15 minutes, I still haven't received a reply. I would like to close the conversation within the next hour - would it be possible to answer soon. Many thanks
My apologies for the delay
If she does not stick to what is agreed at Mediation you will need to apply for a Court Order which is enforceable.
It is unlikely at this stage that you would get a Shared Residence Order given the age of the child so applying for a defined contact order would be wiser at this stage
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You have been so helpful.......just one more question - what is a "Defined Contact Order"?
A court order stating exactly when you see the child