Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi, I am looking for some much needed advice. My husband

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking for some much needed advice.

My husband and I were married in 2002 and until recently were very happy together. Sadly though in recent weeks our marriage has broken down....due to me being 'moody' in his opinion. In my opinion a couple of quiet days, every couple of months or so is part and parcel of being human.

Anyway, a month ago he went to live with a male friend and I am living in our home. The house is in his name as is the mortgage as he bought it before I came along. Now my business is home based and I only make a small profit each year as my business was never meant to provide a main income, just a little extra to help with bills, pocket money for me and cover any expenses for my four small animals.

My husband says he loves me, however he cannot live with me, but is allowing me to stay in the house with my pets, run my little business (small animal boarding), and will help with the bills and keep the house 'ticking over'. He doesn't want a divorce, legal separation...he doesn't want to pay for anything like that. He has a key and comes and goes on a daily basis, mainly to leave his car here and pick his van up in the morning for work and then swap them over again later on in the day when he has finished work.

Where do I stand regarding my rights? I feel as if I am left dangling and worry that things might change and he will want to move back in the house and me move out. He is the main income provider.

Any help would be appreciated.

Di.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?