13262538

i have suffered a mental breakdown and am recieving help, in

i have suffered a mental breakdown and am recieving help in a private clinic, in the mean time my husband has moved his girlfriend into my home with my children, we are crrently going threw a divorce and have been seperated 4 monyhs i have been looking after the children, where do i stand legally at the moment i am homeless

How old are the children and how long have you been in the clinic - and what happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The children are 8 and 14 I have been in the clinic a week and I am due to leave next Monday, The stresss of my husband leaving and the death of my father and the fact he moved on so quickly meant I really could not cope, I had a similar problem 4 years ago he left and then we got back together.

has your husband tried to prevent you from returning home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not tried yet, But he has made it clear I can not come back to the house when I leave clinic on Monday.

May I ask whether the children witnessed your breakdown and were any drink or drugs involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had one incident were my husband came and collected the children because I was drunk no harm came to the children, although I have been drinking over the last few weeks it has only been when he has the children, I have now received help for this I am not a acholholic I was just trying to block everything out.

Was it the drinking that led yo you going into the clinic?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that and the fact I just couldn't cope, I am now on antidepressants and having therapy and I am much stronger and no drinking.

have Social Services been involved at all
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not spoken with them, I have heard today he is applying for a Occupational order under the family law act, what does this mean.

It means that he is applying for an Order that prevents you from returning to the property on the basis that your drinking places the children at risk
I have to be honest and say that there is a chance of success - but equally you can resist it on the basis that you have nowhere else to live
Much will depend on whether or not Social Services have been involved - and who the children wish to live with.
Unless he does obtain an order you can return to the Matrimonial Home whenever you wish
Please ask if you need further details