13262538

my ex and I split last year after a quite split but he

my ex and I split last year after a quite nasty split but he still refuses to set up regular contact with our two children and when he does want to see them he contacts our 13yr old and not me. how do i deal with him to get him to see that he needs to contact me to organise this .
k

Clare :

Clare :

Clare :

My name is Clare. I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Clare :

How old is the other child and what contact has your ex actually had in the last six months?

Customer:

hi our other child is 5yrs old and contact has been between 5 and 10 times in the last 6 months

Customer:

I have been keeping a diary of contact since Christmas and looking back through he has seen our 5yr old 2 times since Christmas and 4 times with the 13yr old

I am sorry for the delay - and I hope that this format is easier
It is clearly not appropriate for your 13 year old to have to arrange contact - and you need to make it clear that in future there will be no contact unless it is organised directly with you
You should offer to discuss contact using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) making it clear that all contact must be organised by you and not your daughter
sadly the only way you can enforce this is not to allow any contact that is not organised via you - or whichever adult friend you have asked to deal with it
You may find this website of use
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
If this is not successful then you may have to apply to the court for a defined contact order setting out what contact he has - but i would hope that this is not necessary
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details