Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I LIVE IN A HOUSE BOUGHT IN MY PARTNERS NAME BUT i put in half

Customer Question

I LIVE IN A HOUSE BOUGHT IN MY PARTNERS NAME BUT i put in half the monIES to buy it plus I PAY HALF OF THE BILLS AND MORTGAGE,BUT THE MORTGAGE IS IN HIS NAME. HE HAS BECOME ABUSIVE AND I HAD TO CALL THE POLICE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, I HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD BOY STUDING AND A DAUGHTER AT UNIVERSITY,PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE i stand, as i have invested all my money in the house we share and is saying he has written a will, and if anything happens to him then all the share of the house goes to his two siblings. please help kind regards roma
Why was the house purchased in his sole name?
Did you protect your investment with a Declaration of Trust?
Are the children also his children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare. the house was purchased in his sole name as he lost his first house to his ex wife and he had trust issues, no i did not protect my investment with a Declaration of Trust I sold my own flat and invested my money in the house, monies were put in his account from the sale of my flat to buy the house, he has taken both folders with all the letters and documents with regards to the sale of my flat and the buying of the house we now live in. The two children are my children one 16 and one 23. He has two boys who live with their mother.

kind regards Roma

When was the house purchased?
How much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage