13262538

Hi, I divorced my wife from a 18 year marriage in 2013. She

Hi, I divorced my wife from a 18 year marriage in 2013. She has taken all the property in the house,I have requested for my tools to be returned to me as I am a tradesman who requires his tools from the garage that I have paid for. However she has returned some of my tools and is claiming the rest are gifts that she gave me and refusing to release these tools of which there is 4 gifts from her and the rest is what I have paid for. I have also informed her to return my gifts to her if she wishes to keep her gifts to me.
She is claiming that I owe her money where I believe she owes me money for building work around her property.
Could you please advice on what costs would incur to resolve this issue and how long does this process take to go through a court also whether it would be worth my while in taking legal action against her as she has not returned the receipts for the tools to me. Thanks
Who owns the house itself - and have there been any financial Orders made within the divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI CLARE,

THE PROPERTY IS OWNED BY THE LOCAL COUNCIL AND MY NAME WAS NOT ON THE LEASE. THE MARRIAGE WAS AN ISLAMIC WEDDING THEREFORE OUR DIVORCE WAS AN ISLAMIC DIVORCE WITHOUT ANY COURTS AND NO FINANCIAL ORDERS WHERE MADE.

Were you married in the Uk or abroad?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare,
I was married in the uk but not in a registrar's office, it was by a imam in Preston,Lancashire. I have also been served with a non Molestation Order today from my x partner.
HI
In that case your only option is to write and send her the list of items that you require returned and say that if need be you will make an application to the Small Claims Court for the value of the items
You can issue such proceedings using the Money Claim online service here
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details