Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

If a woman leaves the marital home and takes the child with

Customer Question

If a woman leaves the marital home and takes the child with her to live with another man is she then entitled to return to it after two years? Where does the father stand? They are now recently divorced
When was the Decree Absolute and who owns the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in replying to you but I am asking this question on behalf of my nephew . The house is in joint names and what she left she took everything with her furniture carpets crockery his tools and got her brothers to strip the kitchen as well leaving only a sink standing on two blocks of wood. The decree absolute was three weeks ago. She is planning to remarry whilst on holiday and has told my nephew that he has to be out of the house by 1st. June. I'm assuming she won't be able to move the new husband in!!