Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My 88and 89 year old aunt & uncle are planning on seeing out

Customer Question

My 88and 89 year old aunt & uncle are planning on seeing out their days together in a nursing home. They own their bungalow in Wisbech but wish to sell it to fund their stay in the home. would you please let me know what the procedure is.
What do you wish to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, Because of their age ,I'd like to assist them with the sale of the house however I'm unsure of the way to do so in a law abiding way. My uncle suggested that he would transfer it to me but I think I may be liable for inheritance tax. Could you clarify please.

colin.

Is there any reason why they cannot simply market the property and you deal with the Estate Agent and Solicitor on their behalf?